Sunday, February 17, 2008

At the Coast

Once upon a time at coast, seem two boys running each other, joking, and playing happily. Suddenly they fight. The bigger boys hit his friend on the face until swollen. Boys who get hit suddenly freeze. Then, with wet eye and angry face, with holding pain and without one word, he wrote using a stick on the sand: “Today my friend hit me!!!”

The bigger boys feel guilty, shy but stay in silent. After quiet for a while, yeah like other kids, together they playing again. When chasing each other, because not careful, suddenly the bys who got hit fall down in to trap hole which used for catching animals. “Ouch… help … help!!” He screams for help. His friend then seeing in the hole and scream, “Friend, are you alright?? Don’t be afraid, wait a sec, I’ll find a rope to help you.” That kid run for a rope immediately. When he coming back, he scream again to calm down while tie that rope to a tree. “Friend, I’m coming. I tie the rope to a tree, the rest I’ll throw to you, catch and tie in your waist, hold tight, I’ll pull you up!!”

After trying hard, finally the little friend got out from the hole safely. Once again, with wet eye he said, “Thanks buddy!” Then he run to find a rock and try to write on that rock, “Today my friend has save my life.”

His friends who follow quietly from behind amazed and ask, “Why after I hit you wrote on sand but after I save you wrote on the rock?” The little kid answer patiently, “After you hit, I wrote on sand because of my anger and hate to bad action which you’ve been done, I want to erase it immediately, like letter on sand which gone immediately with wind blows and wave.

But when you save me, I wrote on the rock, because your good action suitable to memorize and will stay deep in my heart, once again, thanks buddy.”

Live with hate, anger, and vengeance, really exhausting. Especially if the person who we hate didn’t do it on purpose even maybe never know that he/she have been hurting our heart, so a waste unhappiness.

Its true… if every mistake that other people do to us, we wrote on sand, even in the air, it’ll gone soon with wind blows, so we don’t have to lose every chance to get happy. Reciprocally, never forget the people who ever help us, like written on the rock. Which never gone from memory forever.

No comments: